Monday, July 6, 2009

Blog Launch

Our new blog is up and ready for action! There are a few things I would like to add yet, but all-in-all it's ready for viewing by others.

Jake and Sissy had to go to the dentist today. It was for just routine cleanings but the dentist found some cavities. Sissy has 6-8 cavities, mostly all itty-bitty except one that needs immediate attention. Jake came out the winner with only one cavity. They both have to return next Monday for fillings. I'm so glad that we switched dentists. There were no tears today, Hooray! Thank goodness we have such a loving God that he answers even the smallest of requests. If only I could remember to go to him in prayer first, before I make choices I will later regret.

Cyrena has been sleeping a good bit these past few days. The nurse said the iron supplements would make her more active but the opposite has been happening. Her appetite has decreased as well and I've decided now would be a good time to jot down how she's responding each day. Her stool is a lot thicker and is now pitch black. She's had a few tummy aches but nothing major.

Doug has been very helpful with the kids over the weekend while I recuperate from having one of my tooth pulled. I am doing better but am still really groggy. I think the TMJ is complicating things and making it take longer than it should for the pain and swelling to decrees. I have got to learn new ways of coping with stress and learning to let things go. This blog is going to be one of those ways. :)

Sissy went and got her first checking and savings account today. this must be going to be a year of first for her. Her first job, her first date, first checking account, first savings account and (hopefully coming soon) her first drivers license. I am so very proud of her. She is striving to live a Godly life and from what I can tell she it doing a tremendous job.

Doug is fixin' his famouse spaghetti tonight but it might be late as he had to go out on a call. We all love his spaghetti and I might even convice him to turn it into a bake covered with melted cheese. Yum!

Deven came back from Ohio on the 4th. We all met up in Easley for the fireworks. They were very enjoyable this year. Surprisingly, Jake was scared of them. He said they were too loud and tried to hide in the corner of a building. I convinced him to sit between on the step in front of Deven, between his knees. He stayed there through the whole thing and eventually came to enjoy himself. Cyrena did very well and didn't fuss or cry. She watched the people around us more than she watched the show but atleast her first time wasn't tramatic for her.

It's great that Dev is home now. We really missed him but he is house sitting for Mam & Pap while they are in Ohio, so we still aren't seeing much of him. Lady's been getting sick all over the house and I pray there is nothing seriously going on with her.

This blog is defiently going to help me download and get things off my chest. Now I just need to make time for it... ;)