Thursday, July 9, 2009

Long Day

I was going to post this last night, but by the time Cyrena finally passed out, all I could do was fall into bed....

Dev ticked me off yesterday. Mid day, Jake went up to Mam & Pap's to hang out and see if Hunter was home. It started to rain 15-20 min. after he left. About an hour or so later, he comes through the front door dripping wet. He even had rain coming off his eyelashes making them all spiked out. He looked so cute. I asked why he was out in the rain and he told me that Deven had kicked him out and made him come home. I questioned him further, wanting to make sure I had all the facts. The more he talked the angrier I got. Deven's friend had shown up and Deven wanted it to be just the two of them, even though Jake was not misbehaving or interfering in their fun. I question myself constantly where Dev is concerned. How could I have failed to teach that God and others come first before self. I feel Deven is only going to learn things the hard way and his life is going to be full of hard knocks.

There was so much I had on my mind yesterday, but it's all slipped away during the night. Cyrena didn't get to sleep until 2:30 a.m. and then she awoke at 3:40 a.m. and again at 7:10 a.m. Thank goodness, I have sissy here today, even though she goes in to work later tonight. She always brightens my day and seems to make it go faster. The nurse told me that the iron I'm giving Cyrena would give her more energy and we would see results right away, however, the pharmacist pamphlet said it could take a month to see any results. Instead of having more energy she has been sleeping alot more but it's been during the day. At night she is still getting up every two hours or so. Now that we are aware of her restless legs, we can easily spot it when they start twitching. The neurofibromatosis is still pending. She's not being treated for it nor will she be tested for it until she's 2. Even then, Doug and I have talked about not getting her tested. If she's not having physical or developmental delays, then why put her through the brain scans which could cause those problems. If or when we have to deal with it we will face it, but even the neurologist told us not to treat her any differently and to just love her and just wait and see. My mind still isn't fully functioning yet, if I drank coffee I would have a tall mug of the putrid stuff right now. :)