Sunday, March 28, 2010

My Trip Around The Internet

Each week I log in countless hours browsing websites and blogs to get fresh ideas or to locate resources for my home and school. I thought others might be interested in where my travels have taken me....so I'm starting a weekly post that contains links to sights I've visited.... Here we go!

ABC Teach ~ This site has a ton of printables. The free are mixed in with the fee ones. This week I was checking out the U.S. History printables. Two of the best features of this site is that they list the age recommendation and give a brief summery of the printable before you have to click on it. Saves alot of my time.

I decided to participate in a Weekly Wrap-Up create by Kris at Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers. After writing my wrap-up I decided to visit some of the others who particpated:
Agile Homeschooling ~ This was Tara-Seena's first time also participating. She did a great job and I hope she joins in again.
The Bluestocking Belle ~ Ellen is this blog's owner. It sounds like she had her hands full with a puppy named Jasper.
By His Grace ~ This blog has some amazing photographs. The blog owner is a great photographer and seems to be passing that trait on to her son.

I dropped by Today's Document from the National Archives to snag the Treaty of Ghent document for our War of 1812 study.

I checked out Prairie Girls' blog for American History Lapbooks. She has some great photos and lists the resources she uses. Makes me wish I had bought the Time Travelers CD's this year.

For just a moment I checked out the Digital History site. I thought about using some of their printable but found it all a bit dry and boring.

My search for more things about the War of 1812 led me to History Central. They have a good list of websites about this war but because of annoying pop-ups (some getting through my pop-up blocker) I couldn't stand the site and left. I returned again later and found this page that doesn't appear to have any pop-ups but I haven't checked out all the links from it yet.

I always visit Jimmie's website every couple of days. I love to see what new thing she's up to. This week it's Beethoven and Watercolor painting. If you do any type of Charlotte Mason study and don't know who Jimmie is then I would be shocked. She writes a ton of information on CM and yet she's learning like the rest of us. She's such an inspiration!

I didn't get to spend much time on Free Homeschool Resources and Unit Studies but I can't wait to go back and explore some more.

While looking for some printables on Thanksgiving I ran across this little site: Learning Treasures. She has the links for each theme already found for you, however some links are broken.

I took a gander at a review of LLATL Yellow book on Curriculum Choice website. I've already purchased this item but just wanted to know what others thought of it. While I was there I thought I'd check out the review on Winter Promise American Story 1. I'm thinking long and hard about getting this for our 2011 school year. 

Since I am thinking about getting Winter Promise I decided to scoot on over to their site for a bit. I downloaded their catalog while I was there. This seems like a very expensive program for books and a teacher guide. I've already noticed the books are cheaper on Amazon but the teacher guide is pretty expensive alone. Oops, starting to run off on a rabbit trail and need to get back on track. :)

I found this gem of a site while looking for even more War of 1812 printables. This is a great site with a ton of information. Down on the left under activities is links to video's of the war. Great Find! Has a ton of more history pages I can't wait to check out. Don't miss the sound files!

This is a picture of the class ring my daughter wants for graduation this year.

Practical Pages will wrap up my internet sleuthing this week. This is a site not to be missed. She has a ton of notebooking pages she created and she gives them away for free! There is so much here I'm not sure I will ever get through it all, but it's worth the effort....

So this ends our first internet tour. I hope ya'll enjoyed it and found something useful.

eChildblessedf